Thursday 14 September 2017

White Koala Born In Australia.

WALT: Reflect on an article that we have read.
In Queensland Australia zoo a white Koala has been born. 

She is not albino. Zoo keepers say that her white hair is due to recessive gene inherited from her mother who has given birth to another pale baby Koala. In science it is referred to the silvering gene which is when and animal is born with white or pale fur.

 At this stage the zoo keepers are looking for a name, social media has already given some suggestions like Snowflake, Pearl, Sugar, Lily, Snow and White and Baringa which means dawn or light in the aboriginal language.

 Koala's are slowly decreaseing due to bush fires, disease and dog attacks. She is one of the twelve baby Koala's born at the zoo this season. I think this article is great because I have never heard of a white Koala until now. What I found challenging was trying to summarise this into my own words, what I didn't find challenging was getting an image suitable for this article.

 If I had to chose a name for the Koala it would be Snowflake I don't know why I would chose it but I just think it suits the baby Koala.

Feel free to leave a comment

Thanks:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment