Wednesday 13 September 2017

Charles Piutau dismissed NZ Rugby's attempts to bring him home in favour of Bristol move

Image result for Charles Piutau
Today I was reading about Piutau has enjoyed a stellar run in European rugby to date. IALA:Charles Piutau dismissed NZ Rugby's attempts to bring him home in favour of Bristol move

Charles Piutau has revealed it was easy for him to put his family ahead of chasing further All Black honours when he chose to play in the northern hemisphere. The 25-year-old utility back will become one of rugby's highest earners when he shifts from Ulster to Bristol next year, Britain's Press Association reports. But he admits he spoke with New Zealand Rugby about returning to Super Rugby this year before deciding on the move to England. 

"After catching up with people in the union it became clear that I didn't want to go back," he told the agency. "So after that it was an easy option for me to stay in the north." Piutau, who played 17 Tests for New Zealand between 2013 and 2015, said he loved the All Blacks jersey and what it stood for. "But when it comes to a place when you can provide for your family and there's a better opportunity, to me it was an easy decision. I'll always choose my family over anything else. "I'm so thankful for everything that happened in New Zealand, but as well as wanting to provide for my family, I also wanted to experience this side of the world.

" Piutau will join his older brother Siale at Bristol, who are coached by former Blues mentor Pat Lam. The younger Piutau has also taken a place on the players' board of Pacific Rugby Players' Welfare, the organisation to further the aims and interests of Pacific Islanders based in Europe. "Joining PRPW is a chance for me hopefully to give back to the Pacific Islands community in a small way," he said. "For players to know they have a support network and a voice when playing in Europe, I think that's important."

feel free to leave a comment
Thanks:)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sup kiko this mean as work keep up your blogging it is really good and you doing great

Post a Comment