Thursday 14 September 2017

Protests over 500 year old Kauri tree


IALA:Protests over 500 year old Kauri tree.

Today I was reading about Protests over 500 year old Kauri tree is that amazing because that tree was back then and that 500 is before my mum and dad was born and us too.
I would love to take a photo there because it is know and that it a Kauri tree too.I have a friend of my called Kauri and he is Maori and I like him because he's a true friend and supports me all the time when I play rugby.

And hundreds of people have protested against an Auckland City Council decision to cut down a 500-year-old kauri tree.  A group of developers have gained a resource consent from Auckland Council approving the removal of the trees.  About 100 protesters were at the site early this week, where the tree – as well as a 300-year-old neighbouring rimu – was due to be felled by contractors. One protester climbed the kauri and contractors were forced to leave as a result.  The police were called to deal with the situation.  Former Prime Minister Helen Clark has even shared her views on the matter.If you want to found more about this go on kiwi kids news and check it out.

Feel free to leave a comment
thanks:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment